Deal submissions close on Friday have you secured your spot?
As summer approaches we’re daydreaming about long evenings, catching up with friends, and spending time with family. Although something else is on our minds… Prime Day 2019. The perfect opportunity to get that new BBQ, update those household goods, or simply treat yourself to some retail therapy. Everybody loves a discount.
Prime Day is a global event created exclusively for Amazon’s most loyal customers, it’s quickly becoming the most high-traffic shopping event of the year and is recognised as one of the best opportunities to engage with valuable customers. Last year’s event saw the biggest number of sales on Amazon to date, with over 100 million products sold and more new Prime members welcomed than any other day in Amazon’s history. During the 36-hour event, Amazon users reportedly spent over 3.3 billion GBP – helping Bezos hold his title as the world’s richest man.
Summary of Prime Day 2018 UK Purchases:
- More than 500,000 toys & games.
- More than 65,000 headphones.
- More than 190,000 pet products.
- More than 287,000 items of clothing.
- More than 400,000 beauty products.
- More than 248,000 lawn & garden products.
- More than 59,000 sports tech items.
With Prime Day 2019 submissions closing this Friday, and the event expected to take place around mid-July, this is the perfect chance to get your brand ready for the biggest e-commerce opportunity of the year.
As a seller or brand on Amazon, you can leverage the surge in traffic with little to no effort. Although by taking a more active approach you can maximise your impact on high-value customers.
With increased traffic and competition, it’s vital for your listings to be perfect. If you’re trying to maximise brand exposure, boost sales, or sell the last of your stock, pristine descriptions and high-resolution images are essential.
“We live in a visual society so people expect to have information presented in a quickly-understood visual format. Optimising your images with infographics gives you this advantage.”
“We optimise your listings for content so that your customers have no reason not to buy your product.”
Paul Connolly, Brand Manager at Percy Group.
To find out more about optimising your catalogue click here and follow the prompts for your free 30-minute consultation.
Time-bound, promotional offers featured on the Amazon Deals page, Lightning Deals are what the majority of Prime Day shoppers look for. By taking part in these exclusive deals it provides your brand with invaluable product exposure and long-term conversion boosts.
For your product to be eligible for a Lightning Deal it must meet a series of qualifying factors dependent on your geographical location. Including minimum product rating, prime-eligibility, variation-inclusion, product condition, and seller feedback rating.
The deadline for Lightning Deal submissions is Friday, May 17th – this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss, get in contact with us now to ensure your submissions don’t fall short.
Top 5 Prime Day Tips for Brands and Sellers
- Competitive repricing: Stay at the top of listings and take advantage of increased visibility with algorithmic repricing. Prime Day can bring a lot of high-value prospects to your listings, by using repricing software you can maximise your reach in a highly competitive landscape.
- Coupons: By running a range of promotions over this period you can create a sense of urgency for buyers. Whether it’s giveaways on social media, percentage off certain items, or free shipping for a select time – consumers love a discount.
- Optimised content: Registering your brand, establishing a brand store, building enhanced content on your listings, and ensuring your product listings are clear, concise, and free from errors. Don’t miss out on the benefits of increased traffic by having weak listings.
- Competitive advertising bids: Utilise machine-learning applications to effectively adjust bids according to your Prime Day goals and strategies. Stay ahead of the curve by maximising your advertising reach and greatly improve impressions.
- Automated inventory solutions: Make Prime Day stress-free. Use our software solutions to ensure your inventory is kept up to date, replenished, and ready for the most effective shipping methods.
Time Is Running Out – Act Now
After the first Prime Day in 2015, the global event has grown bigger and better each year. Reports show that approximately 8 million people in the UK subscribe to the Prime service, with over 100 million subscribed worldwide.
“17 million transactions were processed on Amazon during Prime Day 2018“
Prime Day is one of the best opportunities for you to capitalise on the buying habits of frequent online shoppers, there’s no better way to integrate your brand with the consumer journey. Accelerate sales with focussed keywords, optimised content, and an advertising strategy designed to convert.
Don’t miss out. Secure your deals for Prime Day 2019 and put your brand at the forefront of bargain-hungry consumers. Join a Brand Partnership with Percy Group to take advantage of this opportunity – click here to get started.